A Few Words About Us
Georgia Women's Health Center is an OB/GYN clinic which is owned and operated by a board certified Obstetrician Gynecologist, Charity Uhunmwangho MD, MBBS, FACOG.
We provide obstetric, gynecologic and women health services to women in Augusta and surrounding area.
Our clinic is based on the belief that our patients' needs are of the utmost importance in the provision of healthcare. Our entire team is committed to meeting these needs. As a result, a high percentage of our new patients are from patients' referrals.
We would welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver you the best service in women healthcare.
He has special interest in minimally invasive gynecologic surgeries and care for pregnant women. He is currently appointed as an Associate Clinical Professor in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Medical College of Georgia. He has physician privileges in three of the major hospitals in Augusta which include University Hospital, Trinity Hospital and Doctors Hospital.
Dr. Charity Uhunmwangho obtained his medical eduction at the University of Benin, Nigeria, where he graduated with Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. He completed his internship at the University of Benin Teaching Hospital and became Anatomy Lecturer at the College of Medicine, Igbinedion University, Nigeria. He obtained his residency training in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey.
GWHC caring and dedicated office staff are available to meet your needs. Our goal is to assist you in obtaining the best possible healthcare services available.
- To give patients top quality, genuine care and friendly service in a professional manner at every visit
- To provide cost effective, efficient and appropriate care for patients in need of GWHC services.
- To provide relevant education for patients and patient's family members on illness and disease processes, and preventive measures.
- To meet expectations of physicians and patients regarding quality of care
We invite you to call for an appointment or stop by the office and speak with our staff and
Contact Georgia Women's Health Center today at 706-860-3681.
Surgical Procedures in the Office
- Cystometrogram (CMG)
- Diagnostic Hysteroscopy
- Endometrial Ablation
- Endometrial Biopsy
- Essure Sterilization
- Hormone Therapy
- IUD Insertion/Implanon
- LEEP Procedure (Loop Electrode Excision)
- Sonogysterogram (Sono HSG)
- Video Colposcopy
Managements and Evaluations
- Annual GYN
- Preventive health care
- Pap smears/HPV Testing
- Contraceptive (birth control)
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Acute and chronic pelvic pain/infections
- Vaginal infections
- Uterine fibroid
- Peri-menopausal and post-menopausal
- Hot flashes/Hormone therapy
- Vaginal and uterine prolapse
- Preconception counseling
- Urinary tract disorders
- Urinary and fecal incontinence
- Adult/Adolescent gynecology
- Abnormal pap smears
- Video colposcopic
- In office procedures
- Diagnostic tests
- Weight Managment
- Minimally invasive surgeries